Translate

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Happy Birthday

Every year in October the weather begins to cool, days shorten, and our son turns another year older and wiser.  This year he is 17.  Each year I ask him what kind of cake he would like me to make for him.  This year he had no particular desire and turned it completely over to me.  Really :-) !?!  It didn't take long for me to decide on an Autumn Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Our DS's evening began with dinner at a local restaurant.  I figured he would rather eat something fun instead of what I thought was good for him.  How right I was.  He eventually settled on fried chicken and waffles.

After frosting the cake I felt like it needed something.  Of course, SPRINKLES!  I chose dark chocolate chip.  Some of you probably don't know Ghiradelli makes dark chocolate sprinkles, but I love them a lot.  They are a great addition to my Giant Ginger Cookies.


Once we got home we sang Happy Birthday like goof balls and embarrassed our son before cutting the cake.  I think it was a winner.  A few years ago I stopped putting one candle on for each year.  I've grown to love the simplicity and ease of one candle.


I do believe I'm finally coming to the end of this cross stitch project.  I was getting all excited until I noticed something off as I stitched the flower above the man's hat.  Why was all that space there?


After checking the pattern I recognized mistake #574.  I had properly counted based on the wrong wing.  Guess what I'll be ripping out tonight.


In addition to ripping I think I'll fill in my lady's eyes.  She's looking so tired.


 Autumn has arrived, and I do believe the animals know.  The cat has been extra "kitteny"  the last few weeks, and the last few days the crows have been very squawky in the back yard trees and woods.

Even I have been getting a little squirrely.  I was making dinner the other night and found the very rare Bell Pepper Bird.  Isn't he cute?

Later on this evening . . . 

Well, I have officially ripped out the stitches on all the stars and my right thumb and index finger are now officially sore.  The hot tea I drank to keep me awake little longer has now worn off.  It appears the lady's eyes will have to be filled in tomorrow before mine close.


All the while Abigail's eyes were staring at me in shock and awe.  I know she was just wondering why I'm allowed to clip and scratch the linen, but she's quickly chastised.  Don't let the content look fool you.  She was all wide eyes when the camera wasn't around.




Until next time count your blessings--God's gifts to you.

Judy



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son! Our son's birthday is coming right up also. I was thinking of making him a carrot cake. He will be 22, and is no longer picky over what flavor cake I bake him. ;)

    ReplyDelete