Translate

Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Blessing of a Broken Screen

Current progress is all in yellow.  It may not be faster, but it sure does feel that way,😄. Stitchin' has been slower than pond water this past year, but I'm still making progress.
What does a broken laptop screen look like?  Currently, mine looks like this.  Well, the top half anyway.  It's impossible to send that last E-mail now, but I feel incredibly blessed.  My ankle got caught in the cord, but I wasn't hurt.  It was just my screen.  That laptop plan I just signed up for a few months ago to get rid of the persistent reminder is now paying off in spades.  DH was a little annoyed at first, but he wasn't available at the time.   Good thing.  He's thrilled now.

The look on my face must have been extremely pitiful because within a couple of minutes my DH was rushing my electronic life into the ER local Best Buy store 10 minutes from home.  I feel incredibly blessed to live in town and to have a sweet husband to drive my computer to the fix it people without even being asked.  It's a 30 minute drive from where my mom and other family live in farm heaven.  We only owe them for parts.  The screen should be in by Tuesday and fixed after that.

Until next time count your blessings--God's gifts to you.

3 comments:

  1. Your stitching looks great. The screen...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece you are working on. I wish my eyes were able to do stitching again. I did so much of it in the 80's and have lots to show for it - but no more for these old eyes.
    Glad you weren't hurt with the tangle you had with the computer. But isn't it awful when our computers are out of commission?
    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore, adore that piece you are working on! STUNNING!
    Sorry about the broken screen :(

    ReplyDelete