Translate

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Pre-PEAR-ation


 Build a Pear

This morning I have dug deep to finish my latest pear from Samplers and Santas.  Marly's had purple flowers and a different colored pot, but I thought these DMC choices might go better with my home's decor.  First, I cut out the back from some 40 count linen.  The more I can use it for other purposes the less I will feel the need to stitch on it.  My eyes can't see 40 ct. very well anymore.

I typically use my computer screen as a light box.  This enables to change the sizing as needed.  When I get it right I trace around the pear with a air dissolving marker.
Time to pin and sew on Mom's old Singer.
Eyeball a rough seam allowance and snip away.

Fill with lentils and whip stitch closed.
On the Shaker Shelf with her friends.

I usually find my "pear stems" from outdoors.  This one came from our ornamental apple tree.


Finally finished a recent freebie from Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm.  The finish will require a Dremel, so y'all will have to wait.   :-) TEHE :-)

 Coin Treasure

It is my job to sort and roll the coins in our change jar.  DH hates doing that, and I don't mind since I look at it as mad money for framing cross stitch :-).  Yesterday I found a Buffalo coin among the others.  It's pretty old since the date has worn off.  No date makes it pretty worthless to a collector.  Cleaning a coin also devalues it.  I had forgotten that and plunked it right into my jewelry cleaner to see if I could find a date.  No date.  No worries I'll just add it to my other coin finds that are practically worthless to a collector such as a Canadian penny.  I used to find those more often as a kid when we lived in Massachusetts and New York.
I love the heart shape I found in this section of bark.  It came from a tree that was recently cut down in our wood line.

For giggles I spread some zinnia seeds from a dead flower on the dirt in our pot several weeks ago.  Now I have lovely sprouts.  Which will come first flowers or frost?

Zinnia ready for seed harvest.
Hide . . .
. . . and peek

I thought these basil were gonners for sure.  Then I watered it.  I got green leaves a few days later.  I think it may be time to make some bread with the rest of it.


Until next time, be thankful for your many blessings--God's gifts to you.
Judy


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely blog you have, Judy! I love your pear finishes, they all look so pretty together. Once in a while I'll find an old coin but so far, nothing to make me rich!

    ReplyDelete