Translate

Monday, September 28, 2015

Over the Moon

Phantom Opera

Last Thursday was supposed to be Opera Night for the family.  My husband left work early so he could change clothes and drive us back into Nashville. I will make a long story very short.  After my son mentioned the Dirty Dancing performance was also playing (not possible) My husband looked at the tickets and realized Turandot was not playing the night before this current out of town trip but the one two weeks from now.  In spite of the look on our son's face in this picture we all took it in good stride and went home with a lot more time in our night.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Warning:  This is just an excuse for a shameless cat picture plug :-).  The other evening Abigail was poised for pouncing on something behind the couch.  After seeing something dark move behind the couch, I was prepared to jump on the couch and scream like a little girl.  Upon further curious inspection I realized it was only a moth.  Phew, that was a close one. Following her flying snack escapades our little fluff ball decided to nap next to my stitching spot.  This cat gets away with so much more than I ever would have expected one of my cats would just on her sheer cuteness factor. 

Stash Enhancement

Yes, dear readers, I have a small stash, and I'm proud of it.  Maybe it's because I moved a lot as a kid.  Living in six states can adjust how you think about collecting stuff.  The other day I took the plunge and ordered.  A Ghoultide Welcome by Plum Street Samplers.  I have no idea where it is going, and this is usually a prerequisite.  Our regular gathering of stitchers was Saturday, and I was out of current projects, so I was really hoping it would arrive in the mail by Saturday.  I feel incredibly blessed it came on Friday, so I could start on the windows before conversation threw me off and caused more frogging than I was planning on.  I was able to get a good start before heading out.  I don't do the Halloween themes like many stitchers, but I absolutely adore this design.  I've decided to change the title to An Autumn Welcome and change up the witch.  As always I'll post progress.  This one is going to be fun.
Honestly, I thought I was finished wildly ordering things at the drop of the hat . . . until today.  I've been searching for a replacement wedding sampler for several years.  Nothing was really great, modifiable, or just right.  Was I giving up?  I was beginning to.  I stitched the current one about 3 months before our 15DS was born.  This was while I was nesting and before I had a clue what my design style was.  It was also before tons of gorgeous pieces had been designed.  I opened up Terri's blog today, and there it was.  The heavens opened.  Light shined on the laptop screen, and angels sang in glorious union.  Love Never Fails will be my replacement.  Of course there will be some modifying to do, but Terri already modeled most of it.  Thanks, Terri.  I will show progress, but I'm a one stitching project at a time kinda girl, so y'all will have to wait until after my current project is complete.  That said the design and called for linen is on it's way.  JOY!

Stitching Sisterhood

Gorgeous offerings at our regular gathering.
I'm very excited to say I'm a brand new owner of a table top Ott Light.  (Squeal)  I can finally see in my favorite stitching spot day or night.  Before the light I was attempting to see better by placing the table lamp on top of the couch arm.  It fell more than once, and didn't do the best job.  One of the ladies at the gathering on Saturday was clearing this out of her house at a very deep discount.  She didn't think it was on more than an hour.  I have benefited from her generosity.  Not only will I be able to see and stitch, but the lamp monster will no longer be ambushing this unsuspecting stitcher.

Lamp Monster and my new Super Light.

Over the Moon

Did you see it?  I wasn't exactly sure I would with all the clouds, but after a little prayer, petition and patience the clouds lifted enough so I could get some pictures.  The photos are nothing compared to seeing it live, and I'm so thankful I could.  I'm also thankful for the tripod.  The moon was moving as I took longer exposure shots than normal, so there is a little bit of ghosting.




Thirsty Visitor

Most lilacs bloom once a year each spring.  I have a Persian Lilac, so mine also blooms in fall.  Lilacs have been my favorite flower since childhood, and I can't think of a better variety. There are far fewer blooms in the fall, but each one smells just as sweet.  Today, I came out for a photo session and encountered a thirsty little friend.  I love that I can have a beautiful bush and provide for God's smaller creatures all at the same time.

Until next time count your many blessings--God's gifts to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment