Translate

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Showers of Blessing


Last weekend the family gathered in Tennessee to spend a little time together.  Sadly, my family's crazy schedule only allowed for us to spend some time late Saturday afternoon and evening with everyone.  I was able to go back a few hours after church Sunday night before everyone left Monday and Wednesday.

My brother, sister and their families came from opposite ends of the country to spend a few days.  The only one missing was dad who headed to heaven about 4 1/2 years ago, but his presence was definitely felt.  This was the first time our extended family of twelve had all been together due to distance and birth years.  How neat to see all the cousins together, ages 5-15, and watch the interaction.  It was good spend some time with my brother and sister on the part of the family farm that now belongs to my Uncle.  He started a Christian camp on it over thirty years ago, and it has been so amazing to see God bless and grow the camp and it's people.

My out-of-town family stayed at The Potter's House at the camp.  Driving up to it I noticed one cloud formation looked like Snoopy.  My husband thought it looked like Snoopy was riding a camel, but by the time I got the shot the trees covered it.  What do y'all think?  Do you see Snoopy?

driving around the lake to get to the house

Three generations:  my mom, me, my husband, and our son.

This small cabin, Roena's Retreat, was named after my grandmother Roena.  The mist is due to the frigid temperatures of a cold spring fed lake on a hot day.

I looked over my right shoulder and saw this beautiful sight.  So glad I changed lenses.  I can't help but marvel in God's creation.

Barn easily seen from the lake.  This one wasn't smoking tobacco like others in the area.

family walk around the lake

It never fails.  When I go out the farm I find myself in one of the most peaceful place on earth.

I dug deep and decided to finish off my pear freebie from Marly's pear link.  I think this will make the fifth pear, and each one is stitched a little differently than charted.  This pear is no different.  My home is red's and yellows downstairs, so the beautiful lavender she chose seemed better when switched out to reds.  I free handed the initials and date.  I remember not long ago I used to chart them on graft paper.  I hated the process and still do.  I'm willing to put up with wonky if I don't have to chart. :-)  I've come a LONG way in getting past perfectionism.

I did find the easiest way for me to cut the pear pattern.  Whahoo!  I'll save that for a later post when I actually have some pictures.

What do you do when you have six egg yolks left over from a white cake?  I suppose most people would make lemon or lime curd.  This morning I had a dozen since I had to make the recipe twice last weekend (sigh).  I had to use them up before they spoiled, so I turned six of them into an omelette mixed with an extra whole egg.  Not bad.  Actually, it had a creamier texture and seemed to brown less in the pan which was a good thing.  The specks are dried basil which went very well with the leftover garden tomato.  There is something blissful about eating simple food.



Until next time, count your blessings--God's gifts to you.

1 comment:

  1. Morning Judy
    What a wonderful peaceful retreat!!
    So love knowing and seeing that families are getting together more and more. We need that in our society!
    Marly has some wonderful patterns doesn't she. I don't do this craft anymore but if I did I would buy her patterns.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete